Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Greyson and Paleo

     While many of you are still unsure of this thing called Paleo, I'm rolling along and feeling almost as good as I was Pre-Greyson. I've found a new awesome Crossfitting gym(http://www.facebook.com/pages/CrossFit-Regeneration/217953861620176) that has child care and I can finally (11 months later) do something for myself. I'm starting to feel like my old self. Well, not entirely like my old self. Seems birthing a child takes a toll on your body, who would have thought it. Not to mention, Greyson is kind of like the ever growing child. He was teething at 3 months, and got his first tooth at 5 months, then came 5 more right after and currently he's working on 7 and 8 and also appears to possibly be getting some back molars? This first year has been rough on all of us.

Now that he's almost one and he's starting a Mothers Day Out program (Hallelujah) I've got to start packing him a lunch. I even bought him his own lunch bag today. I didn't think I'd have to do that for a while. So its time to start thinking of what can I pack him that will be easy to eat, paleo friendly, and not to much work for the dear sweet ladies taking care of him. Packing your child's lunch doesn't have to be difficult. You add meats, fruits, veggies and nuts. Sounds simple doesn't it? Well it is, it's only as complicated as you make it. Also I've found a cool bakery that makes paleo bread. Do WHAT??? Yep, that's right paleo bread. Check them out here, http://www.julianbakery.com/.  It does seem to simplify my life when I want a quick snack or if I'm craving some of that wheat, grain filled lead that seems to upset my whole body chemistry when I eat it. Bread people. I'm talking about bread.

Speaking of paleo breads, guess what Greyson is getting for his first birthday? A paleo birthday cake! Yahhhh I know you are all so excited for him. I found a very cool company online that has mixes, paleo, gluten free etc, that you can purchase and then bake yourself, http://www.whitelionbakingco.com/. The owner is super sweet and just took it over 2 months ago from another couple. She has all kinds of awesome mixes and recipes that you can purchase from her.

I love how all the Paleo community comes together and offers advice and support to one another. I feel like we are making more progress within the community and teaching more people every day about a healthier lifestyle.

Anywhoooo..my child is in bed and I better put myself there since we have yet another busy day tomorrow.

~unemployed and busier than ever~

No comments:

Post a Comment