Saturday, December 18, 2010

Healthy Recipe

Part of the challenge in the 28 day challege (and there are quite a few) is the task of preparing your meals. In the beginning, I was just basically eating the same things, which of course is very boring, so I have been tryin to expand my tastes and look for other foods I enjoy as well.

It amazes me how resistant I was to so many other foods, (not really cause I'm pretty stubborn) but I wouldnt even try them because I didnt like them. How did I know I didnt like them, well in all honesty, I didnt. One of my personal challenges was to try something new and experiment. Davey even bought me a healthy cookbook, yeah I know, I couldnt believe it either. His word were "If you are going to be on this health kick now, then we might as well get a little variety in what we eat." My words were, "You are always welcome to fix your own dinner."

Through a couple of people I kept hearing about this spaghetti squash. I was like nah..that sounds like alot of work, I'm not sure how to do it, blah blah..I had several excuses saved up.( I mean how hard could it be, it comes with a sticker on it, telling you how to cook it) However, I did finally buy it. And I tried it. And I love it. Here's the recipe:
 
okay so for the spaghetti sauce part I mixed organic unsalted dice tomotatoes with organic unsalted tomato paste simmered it with garlic, green and red peppers and turkey meat and added a couple shakes of chili powder in it.

The "noodle" are from a squash. Spaghetti squash and you can get it at kroger. There are directions on there on how to do it. But I cut it in half, ( you have to remove the membranes like you would on pumpkin) put it in a glass dish with garlic cloves added. Turn the side you cut down, over top the garlic cloves, microwave it for about 10 minutes or until the sides push in easily when you grab it. then you take a fork and just scrap out the inside, it comes out looking exactly like spaghetti noodles and tastes good too.

You may add other spices you want to it, if you wanna spice it up, or add more flavor. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment