Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wasted Opportunity

I write a lot about food, behavior and attitudes. It's a way for me to vent out my frustration with people and hopefully a way for you (generally speaking of course) to view things in a different light. 


Many people find it difficult to motivate themselves, I can understand that, I work harder when I am in a group and someone is pushing me, its my competitive nature. "there's no way she's going to get more push ups than me" The same thing happens with food. Here we are, Maximum Fitness, running a 90 Day Challenge to get you on your feet and to help you lose weight for summer. It's an awesome opportunity and honestly its time to start upping the ante NOW. Unless of course you could care less how you look , feel, etc., but I highly doubt this is the case. Everyone wants to look good and feel good, you are no exception to that. 


When we offered the 90 Day Challenge, we had several people voice complaints over the length of the challenge. Why? Why would you complain about something we are offering you, after all you did voice your concerns over nutrition on numerous, numerous occasions (I have the voices in my head to prove it).   We want to help you succeed and show you a different kind of lifestyle that you WILL grow accustomed to and even like. I feel like a parent with unruly children sometimes, WE ALL want what's best for you. WE ALL want you to succeed in your health journey and WE ALL want to help you get there. It's an amazing feeling accomplishing something that a lot of people look down on. Your friends and family who aren't on board just want you to fail so that they can feel better by their lack of commitment to their own health. 


So we offered a 30 day challenge and we've had several people sign up for it and I think its awesome. But where are all the others who requested a shorter challenge?  You asked for it, we gave it, now what's the excuse? 


If you can honestly eat right on your own-GO YOU!! I truly mean that and I will be your cheerleader for life, (just let me know so I can go buy the outfit and cheer you on at dinner time) But most people need accountability and that's what we are here for! You have to be willing to make the changes necessary in your life-Yes, its way easier to throw a processed meal in the microwave, but think about this: Do you want your children, your family to suffer later in life just because it's easier now? Don't we teach our children to not take the easy way out and to work for the things you want?  Just some thoughts for you to think about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment