Saturday, February 5, 2011

Coming into CrossFit

Sadly, as some of you may know, I have quit Killer Kyle Boot Camp. What?! You're saying, no boot camp? What about all that hard work you've been doing for a year? What about the 28 day challenge and all this Paleo talk? Well.....

I've entered a new world. I was nervous at first and honestly, was considering not even trying it. I kept hearing about these killer WODs (Work out of the day), different exercise, I mean what the hell is a snatch. I know what the urban meaning of snatch is...but an exercise? What the hell. Finally I told myself, I'm not going to hold myself back because of some stupid fear I might fail. Just do it. (Yes, I often pep talk myself-so what)So...I did it.

I started on a cold Saturday morning (not counting the 300 burpee, 150 squat session Jess and I did) and we ran outside with a 25 pound weight for a mile. Then we went inside and did so much more, felt like a little of everthing, then we ran 2.5 more miles carrying a 25 pound weight again. The whole time I was thinking, what did I get myself into..but I did it. Even finished, out of breath, worn out and exhilerated. It's truly amazing what the human body really can do.

I was sore, tired, hungry and I felt GREAT. It had been a long time since I felt that good after a work out. Boot camp always did it for me, but CrossFit, well its amazing. I can tell a difference in my body after only one week. It actually makes me in a good mood-after-of course. I'm really excited to see if I've improved and by how much in a month, I may go back and re-do some of those exercises just to see.

Some of the WODs seem super easy, and they are usually the hardest. But you keep giving it all you got, you keep pushing until your done, and when you finish-you finally breathe. You recover. And you prepare and look forward to the next time. That's all for now folks, I'll keep you posted on progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment