Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Blues

I am so tired of dang winter time. Snow, slush, wet shoes, and the inevitable salt that comes with it. I sweep up more salt than dog hair. Which is saying a lot. 


I'm ready to get active-outdoors. Hiking, camping, boating and laking (yes..its a word, Amy G. and I made it up) still seems so far away. I'm ready for shorts and tank tops and for my husband to finally take off the dang Carhart jacket he wears as a second skin. Plus, sleeping in sweatpants, long socks and a long sleeve t-shirt isn't really helping much in the romance department. 


Winter makes me tired & irritable. I have to make myself be active, not including the ass kicking I get every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday at 5:30am. (Yes, those of us who come that early are "out of our minds" but we've made the decision to better ourselves and it's okay to be crazy when it comes to that). Stores are already selling summer gear, bathing suits, shorts, and even flip flops-my all time favorite part of summer. I think that's awesome marketing actually. Sell me a bathing suit now that I can buy, then put in my closet to wear in 6 months. In that amount of time, I've already forgotten about it and have to buy another one. Yep, I've done it. I get it honest though, I remember my mom would wrap all our Christmas presents and then look confused on Christmas because we didn't "get" something she bought. Then she'd proceed to look all over the house for it. I think after so many years of making fun of her for this, she just doesn't give us the items she forgets.


This year I'll have to buy new bathing suits seeing as my old one's dont fit anymore (thank you 28 day challenge, Maximum Fitness, & Paleo) but I'm going to be smart about it. I'm not going to get one until April. That is unless Punxsutawney Phil doesn't see his shadow, then its ON. 



No comments:

Post a Comment