Monday, January 3, 2011

Fitting Fitness Into Your Life

It's not always easy, it's not meant to be. Easy=Lazy. If you want to be a lean, mean, fighting machine, you gotta put in the effort. I hear, "I dont have time" or "I have kids" or something else equally lame. I find, that everyone has just the amount of time to do the things they really want too, for example watching TV or eating out (mostly badly) with friends, ect. Think about it, I bet you get the point.

I detest cooking, always have, but if I left it up to my husband, I'd weigh a whole lot more and not be any where near healthy. So, I sucked it up and took control of my eating/cooking habits. I find that if I prepare several meals at once or at least get everything ready such as chopping, dicing, marinating, ect...that each meal doesn't take quite as long as I thought. Another option is to double your meal planning so you can eat on something the next day at work for lunch. Not only are you eating healthier, you are saving money from eating out. Money that could be invested into say, an exercise program, (such as Max Fit Boot Camp or personal training),  which you couldn't find the money for before.

I used to tell myself I worked too late to exercise, I couldn't find the time to do any of it, I mean a 12 hour day is a long day right? Then you have kids at home, dinner to cook or laundry to be done. So, being a morning person I chose to get up an hour earlier everyday and workout. Yes it's earlier, but after a routine of doing this for a couple weeks, your body gets accustomed to the workout and you wont even miss the sleep. I promise. Now, I'm not saying I'm never tired, nor are there some mornings where I would rather sleep in, but I weigh that against working out. Honestly, I feel so much better when I make the effort, inside and out. You will too.

When you first start a nutrition or fitness program, your body does rebel against it. Don't let it. Take control of your life/body. You tell it who's in charge, and the end results will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment