Monday, January 17, 2011

Working out, Recovering & Inspiring

I don't know about you, but after a workout with Kyle, I'm wore out. My first couple of months I'd go home and just lay on the cold floor, I figured this was my "recovery period", but really it just made my soreness worse. I couldn't figure out if I was really THAT out of shape or if I was working THAT hard. At first it was cause I was outta shape, and I couldn't believe it. I've been athletic all my life, but I was.

In fact, I didn't think I was as out of shape and over weight as I was. Love blinds you and makes you comfortable and Davey loved me (really I think he loved the DD's and ignored the rest), my friends loved me, so who cares. So..I didn't really think about being out of shape. Then reality hit! I saw a picture of me and I was like Oh hell no..that's not really me...is it?? It spurred me into action. I emailed Kyle, (I've told him this story a hundred times) and asked about joining boot camp. He gave me the prices, told me to email him when I was serious ( he only wanted motivated people in boot camp-and yes..he said that to me) because boot camp is really hard. What I heard was: I don't think you can handle it. Anyone who knows me knows that you don't tell me I can't do something...ITS ON KYLE.

It's still on! I don't take nearly as long to recover as I used to, but then again I have a system in place. I tell myself it's only 45 minutes of your whole day, Get It and then Go Home!  I go home and "recover" with my Recovery Shake from Prograde, http://maxfitstudio.getprograde.com/ (yes, I know it's not paleo) and I stretch some more then shower. Then I eat my breakfast, which is usually eggs in various formats, scrambled or hard boiled. I haven't tried Paleo breakfast yet, since it involves more cooking and I only have so much time before work. I prepare my lunch for the day and make enough to carry over into dinner. It's all about planning, I've found tons of taste good recipes I'm willing to share.

It's been a year since I joined Maximum Fitness, I've lost 40 something pounds in that year. I don't really watch my weight (the number)  now as I once did, too often people get caught up in that only.   My goals have changed from when I first started boot camps (thanks Lindsey, Ashley, & Jessica). I want different things now and I work towards them (girls with muscles are still sexy). I feel better. I have more energy and I feel great about that. Sitting on the couch everyday because you don't have any energy is depressing, get up, get moving, get fit. That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment